Chocolate and red berries are a dreamy combination, since the citrus of raspberries suits the bitterness of cocoa very well. This cake delight combines both, and I prepared it in collaboration with La Chula; The truth is that it is super simple to prepare, but it is left with an impact presentation. So go ahead and make this recipe that I leave you below:
Ingredients for the cake:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cups cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 ½ stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. raspberry liqueur
- 1 cup milk at room temperature
- 120 g or ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 2 ¼ cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 1 bar of cream cheese
- 250 g of chocolate semi-sweet, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup of fresh or sour cream
- 1 ½ stick unsalted butter
Step to step for the cake:
- Preheat the oven 180 °C. Put 3 non-stick 8×2 inch round pans.
- Put star paper on the bottom of each mold so it does not stick.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the butter with the sugar using an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, beating each one very well, lower the speed of the mixer and add in 3 parts the flour mixture, alternating the mixture with the cream, beat very well.
- Add the melted and cooled chocolate, mix everything well until we have a homogeneous mixture.
- Divide the mixture into the three molds, they can be two or one very large, and bake at 180 °C for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check that it is ready we can check by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean your cake is ready.
- Let cool to remove from the mold.
- To assemble your cake, put one of the cake pan molds on a cute plate, then enough frosting mixture followed by a part of raspberries, repeat the procedure and leave until the top with frosting, decorated with raspberries.
Step to step for the frosting:
- Sift the icing sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Beat the cream cheese with the butter in a bowl, on fast speed, until smooth.
- Gradually add the mixture of the powders, and once it is combined, add the melted and cooled chocolate.
- After adding the fresh cream, beat until everything is perfect.
- Once ready, reserve in the refrigerator and use when frosting is at room temperature (it can last up to 5 days in the refrigerator).